** We are happy to announce we are restarting practice on June 1st!
We will be following all health orders from both the Province of Alberta and Athletics Alberta. Things will look a little different than they did from previous years. A current rule in place is that each training group has to limit itself to a maximum of 10 people, including the coach. Given the size of our facility, we are able to have multiple coaching groups on the track at the same time. This year we will be facing a maximum number of participants.
We have developed new procedures and protocols in alignment with Athletics Alberta and AHS Covid guidelines. We will be limiting numbers and will also be striving to keep distance between athletes while training. This process is new for us so your patience is appreciated as we work through the kinks.
Before starting any training:
- Athlete must be registered with Titan’s Track & Field
- Athlete must have completed Athletics Alberta re-activation through Trackie (registering with Titan’s will lead you through this process)
- Athlete must have completed the AA attestation to hand into the safety officer on the first day of practice: https://athleticsalberta.com/wp-content/uploads/Attestation-Document.pdf
- Athletes will meet at the Lindsay Thurber Track.
- Masks must be worn when entering the track and signing in.
- A health waiver form must be completed and submitted at the beginning of every practice. https://athleticsalberta.com/wp-content/uploads/Daily-Training-Group-Questionaire-V2.pdf
- Athlete sign-in will be completed by the safety officer
- Only athletes may enter the space.
- After sign-in athletes are to proceed to their designated group.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and must be used when entering the space
- Athletes will not need to be masked when practicing
- Start October 5
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00 to 6:30 pm
- Collicut Centre – 3031 30 Ave, Red Deer